The "Serendipity Experience" 8 - Back a Winner!

12:44 AM

Today was Melbourne Cup Day in Australia, an event in which the entire nation stops at 3.00pm for a two minute race. A day filled with champagne, chicken sandwiches, marquee's and fashions on the field. My challenge today was one I have previously attempted on the past ten Cup Days, To pick a winner!

Based upon my previous Track Record I knew it would be no easy feat! However, on this occassion we had the benefit of a host who is one of Australia's leading Race Analysts. My friend Patrice hosted a decadent day of pure indulgence, which began early with a sumptuous feast of canapes, champagne and of course chocolate covered strawberries. As each race unfolded with no sign of victory I realised that despite the advice from the 'best in the business' today's goal would not be fulfilled and I would have to wait another year for my annual bet. Thank Goodness for Champagne!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. well you have two comment boxes now! it still has the weird writing under the post a comment. I just read about Bart Cummings in yesterday's paper - completely forgot it was Melbourne Cup day and what a party you had! sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing this! So interesting - I've never heard of the Melbourne Cup Day before! And the "catering" reads and looks very delicious!

    ReplyDelete

var uid='dad2dddf'; var LinkExclusions=''; var TargetOptionID=1;

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images